Monday, March 30, 2015

Mediating Disputes

“Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood.”
            Stephen R. Covey

Many franchise agreements and other commercial contracts call for mediation of disputes. It is an excellent way to preserve a relationship rather than end it. So I've decided to jump into the pool to help ...


After 37 years of practicing law with extensive litigation experience, I am pleased to announce that I am offering my services as a Mediator in franchise, commercial, employment, securities and real estate disputes.

I have mediated dozens of matters for my many commercial and personal clients to successful conclusions and I firmly believe in the process. Lawyers, as trusted advisors, are the key to the best resolutions and I see my role as a facilitator of their skills and efforts.

Recently, I completed a 40-hour mediation course and continue my active law practice focusing on franchising, general commercial litigation, employment matters, shareholder/partner disagreements, real estate matters and general corporate matters.

During my career, I have served as General Counsel to a restaurant franchise company as well as to the Ohio Petroleum Dealers and Repair Association. I have practiced in large and small firms and appreciate the challenges of each. ColumbusCEO Magazine recently profiled me as a 2015 Top Lawyer.

Based on my background and experience, I will offer a balanced approach as a qualified neutral. If you would like a copy of my resume, please let me know. Feel free to contact me at jmeaney@zainolawgroup.com or 614-975-9876.

Please keep me in mind for future referrals. Thank you.
More information available soon at www.MediatorOhio.com and www.OhioFranchiseMediation.com

Jim Meaney is a lawyer with the Zaino Law Group in Columbus, Ohio. Jim has represented franchisors and franchisees for 30 years. Jim is a co-author of “Starting a Franchise System: Practical Considerations, Planning and Development” and author of How to Buy a Franchise
Visit www.fddlawyer.com or www.ohiofranchiselawyer.com for more information or contact Jim directly at 614.975.9876 or jmeaney@zainolawgroup.com


No comments:

Post a Comment